Saturday, April 9, 2011

PRoJecT TiME...

My husband is an electrician by trade.  So, as you can imagine our shops and barns have their fair share of electrical 'stuff' all around.  I can't complain though...because of my husband, Junk Divas has every chandelier ever found checked out and in tip top shape.  Anything that needs wiring, corded, restored or electrified...my husband does it for us.  We are soooo lucky!!

Having said all that....as you can see from the pictures, I have some medium-sized (and rather large wooden spools) that the 'big' wire comes on.  The 'Junker' in me cannot get rid of these things since they make great tables for outside.  They are wooden, but it will take awhile for them to break down due to weather and such.  And as of yet, we have not had any winds that were able to blow them away....

So....ProJEct TiME!!!
I want to turn this one wooden spool into a great patio type table.  I already have a round piece of glass that I could put on the top...hmmmm.....think I'll do some painting and maybe some stenciling....

The ideas are abounding!! haha!  I am still teaching school (since we do not get out until the first of June) so my time is limited on these types of things but I am determined to turn this into a patio table that I will love.  Seems like I have such a hard time finding exactly what I want for what I want to pay!!
A true frugal Junker!!

I will keep you informed and post pictures too.


1 comment:

  1. What a great way to "REPURPOSE"!Clever and Cute! Happy Junkin..........Cathy aka GGJ

    ReplyDelete